Steam Debit Card FAQs
Yes. Steam will accept most debit cards wen looking to make a purchase on their platform. If you don’t have a credit card, Steam gift card, PayPal or money in your Steam wallet, a debit card should get the job done. Make sure you have enough money in your account to fund your transaction or else you’ll get hit with an overdraft fee ranging mostly from $25 to $35.
How to Use a Debit Card on Steam
As long as you have the right amount of funds you should be able to follow this guide on how to use a debit card on steam.
1. Find the game you wish to purchase on Steam
2. Select your purchase option of choice. Some games will include deluxe editions which you would select at this time.
3. Click Add to Cart
4. Choose either “Purchase for myself” or “Purchase as a gift”
5. Select either Visa or Mastercard as your payment method depending on the issuer of your debit card
6. Fill out all fields regarding billing
7. Review your order and finish check out
What Others Say About Using a Debit Card on Steam
“I pay direct with a debit card, never had an issue.”
“I use my debit card for Steam purchases, but it depends on your bank. Some banks are weird about debit purchases. My bank won’t let me buy games from gog.com, but PayPal gets around it.”
“Yes. I only own a debit card, and it has always worked.”
Does Steam Accept Visa Debit Cards?
Yes. Steam accepts Visa debit cards for online purchases and adding funds to steam wallet.
Does Steam Accept Mastercard Debit Cards?
Yes. Steam accepts Mastercard debit cards for online purchases and adding funds to steam wallet.