Surveys can be a great way to make extra cash in your downtime. They are a quick and reliable way to make a few bucks if you know which legitimate online surveys websites to use. Here we’re going to break down which websites to use and how to make the most money with surveys.
How Does Making Money From Surveys Work?
Earning money from surveys might sound too good to be true and it’s common to think of these websites as scams. After all, what kind of legitimate business would pay random people to answer questions?
Well it turns out there are quite a few willing to cough up some of their profit for your opinion.
Here’s how it works.
Survey websites are paid by massive companies to collect market data to help that large company to produce better products or just market to you more efficiently. Part of the money going to the survey websites is then paid out to you in the form of revenue share.
This way you are incentivized to take the time to answer the companies questions.
Generally speaking this is how making money from online surveys works.
- Register an account with a online survey website: There are dozens of online survey providers that have a reputation of being easy to work with and get paid from. It’s important you only work with these select few as it’s custom for these websites to request a lot of personal information about you to make the account. This is because they will offer you surveys based off your interests and demographics.
- Get notified about surveys: Once you’ve register with a survey provider.. or a few, you’ll begin to receive notifications when surveys are available that match your criteria. In some cases you may just be answering a few questions and in others you might have to review a product.
- Get paid: Once you’ve successfully completed a survey you will be rewarded in either cash or points depending on the survey provider you chose. Your cash will then be transferred to a PayPal account. It’s important to note that these survey providers won’t send you a payment until you reach a certain threshold. If you just made $1.50 from a survey, don’t expect to see that in your account tomorrow. Instead they often wait until your account reaches $5 or maybe even $20 before they send you one lump sum payment.
How Much Money Can You Make from Surveys?
Surveys will never be able to replace your income. That is just the reality. However, it’s hard to find an easier way to make a few hundred bucks a month.
The survey money you make can go towards monthly payments like insurance, going out to eat, or to help save up some money. The amount you make is going to drastically change based off of which survey provider you go with and how much time you can devote to complete them.
“How much you can earn also depends on how much time you can invest. According to one Reddit thread that asked survey-takers how much they earn, answers ranged from $10 per month all the way up to $300 per month.” – I will teach you to be rich
Some groups of people are more likely to make money from surveys than others. It just comes down to the type of people these companies want to get market data from. On the note of market data, those willing to provide more personal information will make significantly more than those who decide not to.
It all comes down to the value you can provide these large corporations.
Best Paid Survey Websites
Swagbucks is one of the most popular survey platforms out there. They offer many options to earn money including surveys, surfing the web, watching videos and using their mobile app. They have a pretty nice sign up bonus and allow you to accumulate points through various tasks. You can then cash out with gift cards or direct payments.
Average Survey Pay Rate: $0.40 to $2.00
Payment: Gift cards or PayPal
Requirements: 13 years or older and a resident of United States, Canada, U.K. and a few others.
Survey Junkie require a relatively detailed personal profile to start taking surveys. This is because they match you with very specific surveys based of demographics and interest. You earn by taking surveys and are qualified for a payout when you’ve accumulated $10 in your account.
Average Survey Pay Rate: $1 to $3 per survey
Payment: e-Gift cards or PayPal
Requirements: 16 years or older
Inbox Dollars offers great ways to make money from online surveys and watching videos to playing video games and even shopping. The site offers a $5 sign up bonus and provides multiple payment options.
InboxDollars has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
Average Survey Pay Rate: $0.10 to $0.25
Payment: PayPal, check or gift cards
Requirements: 18 years or older and United States resident
Toluna is a large community of survey takers and influencers. You can earn points on the website by taking surveys and playing video games. Once you’ve earned enough points to can redeem them for vouchers to various retailers.
Average Survey Pay Rate: $0.10 to $50
Payment: Redeem points for vouchers, gift cards or prizes
Requirements: 16 or older is the minimum but some surveys require 18 or older
Once you have an account with LifePoints you’ll be notified via email with relevant survey opportunities. Sometimes you’ll be asked to answer a few simple questions and other times you’ll be asked to review physical products. All you need to do is let me know which opportunities you’re most interested in.
Average Survey Pay Rate: $0.20 to $1.00
Payment: PayPal cash, check, gift cards or rewards
Requirements: 14 or older and live in one of their many regions including the US
Related: Have a teenager at home? These are the best jobs for 14 and 15 year olds!
How to Protect Yourself When Taking an Online Survey
Always gauge the risk and reward of providing personal information for the pay rate. Here is how you can protect yourself when taking surveys online.
- Never share your social security number, bank account number or driver’s license number
- If something feels off, trust your gut and leave the site
- Avoid websites that promise thousands of dollars
- If you are directed to another website will taking the survey stop immediately
- Use anti-virus and anti-malware software on your computer
- Read reviews before signing up
- Make a designated email just for surveys
- Don’t pay any upfront fees or sign up with a credit card
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about surveys:
It’s unlikely you’ll ever become rich from survey taking. It’s simply to easy and accessible for them to pay users substantial amounts of money.
That’s not to say you can’t make some decent cash answering online surveys or even playing video games. It’s common for people to make anywhere from $10 t $300 a month from surveys.
It all just comes down to the survey provider you use and the time you can allocate to answering their questions.